1. Restaurants don't serve complimentary tap water. If you want water you have to order bottles, and specify if you want carbonated or still.
2. Voting is obligatory, and takes place on a Sunday.
3. People kiss on the cheek to greet each other - school aged kids, police officers, sweaty guys in the gym, everyone.
4. Public school children wear white smocks that look like lab coats over their regular clothes.
5. Yesterday (23 October 2011), the country's first female president Cristina Kirchner was reelected for a second term.
6. Elevator doors are manual. The entrance to the elevator shaft on each floor, as well as the elevator itself, have sliding doors. If the doors aren't closed all the way, the elevator won't move.
9. The center of the executive branch of government (the White House in the U.S.) is called the Casa Rosada (pink house because it's pink), and at night the pink lights they use on it make it look like a club.